Perhaps you are the person that everyone comes to with computer problems and expects you to handle them. Or maybe there is a “techie” in the office who gets called on all the time for help, and because of that he or she is not fully able to do the job they were hired to do. On one hand you save money by not hiring professional IT support. On the other hand you are left to deal with frustration - yours or someone else’s, inefficiency, and lower productivity.
Here are the top 9 reasons to hire professional IT support:
1. Let someone else keep up with the constantly evolving world of technology. If you are not an IT professional it is hard for you keep up with the continuous changes taking place in technology. You could end up spending significant time researching and implementing fixes. In addition, new viruses and other security threats are constantly emerging. It is the job of the IT professional to keep up with these changes and be there to implement the fixes.
2. Get your schedule back. You may notice an increase in IT issues with your system. The more time you spend trying to fix problems with your technology, the less time you get to spend doing the things that play to your strengths. An IT professional can handle the day-to-day issues that could be dragging you and your company down.
3. Get the most out of your existing system. With professional support you may be able to put off investments in new technology for awhile by fixing your current system and adding to its life.
4. Leverage technology to support your business for both the short and long-term. A well-trained, knowledgeable and experienced professional can show you the best way to use your current technology to make your business more efficient, productive and profitable.
5. Growth plan development. Another way an IT professional can help your business is by helping you develop a strategy that will support your goals for growth. This includes helping you establish a detailed plan and a budget.
6. Project management and assistance. If you still want to go it alone, but you need assistance with a special IT project, you can bring in an outsourced IT support firm to help you. Many firms will give you as much - or as little - help as you need.
7. Help desk services. Look for a firm that provides fast, expert and reliable technical support when end-users have a problem. This is a great resource that can help you take a lot of those annoying issues off your plate.
8. Increase productivity. If your employees are handling their own IT problems or if you have a tech-savvy employee that everyone goes to for their issues, chances are that employee is not doing the complete job he or she was hired to do. By supplanting the function of IT support from the employee, an IT professional can help restore that employee’s productivity.
8. Get support outside of normal business hours. If your IT system is experiencing problems outside of normal business hours, an outsourced IT support company can provide 24/7 remote monitoring.
There are many advantages to turning over your IT issues to an IT professional - what are your top reasons? Tell us in the comments!